Monday, April 4, 2011

We Watched Conference!

"Come, Listen to a Prophet's Voice and Hear the Word of God!"


My memories from childhood of General Conference are still quite vivid in my mind.  I did not grow up with a television in my home.

When I was a baby, my older siblings decided in Family Home Evening that they didn't want a TV anymore.  So, my Mom says, they hauled a brand new television set to the dump.

In my early years, while playing "dolls" or "Barbies", we listened to Conference throughout our house on a very chic, (at the time)  intercom radio system that was wired into every room.

Because I couldn't see what was going on, I grew to love the sounds of conference. The silence, that was filled with coughs from the audience, while another speaker walked up to the pulpit. The  music from the  majestic Tabernacle organ, the hymns sung by The Tabernacle Choir, and the voice of President Spencer W. Kimball.

Well now the table is turned. I am now a Mother who wants to  instill in her children a love for hearing the Prophet's voice. 
Here, Jace is seen LOVING Conference!
This year was the first time, in the five years that we have lived outside of Utah, that we were able to enjoy Conference in full-21st century luxury. In the past, we have always crowded around our computer in our office to watch each session.  (Rough, I know.)  We now have a Television that is "smart" enough to be hooked up to our laptop.

Oh the luxury of a couch, instead of an office chair. And enough room for the kids to play.  Our pioneer ancestors, who gave up almost everything they owned to be members of our church, would NOT feel sorry for us.  We are so blessed!

Oh, it's rough!
During one of the sessions, Ryan was seen catching a few ZZZZZ's until.......
"Dr. Jace"  put on the rubber gloves!

He also stood and sang every rest hymn! (Who does that?)
   
Not me!  Nothing would get my lazy bones up off the couch except....

 Gracie climbing the stairs and
teetering on the edge, which
she did a BAZILLION times!


1 comment:

  1. Loved this, Bronwynn! Isn't it nice to have a guy who sings at just about every occasion, including surgeries? ;) So cute. Wasn't conference wonderful? LOVE that high tech stuff that allows us to watch on the couch. Now if they could just come up with a teleporter to put us all on the couch together! XOXOXOXO!

    ReplyDelete