Friday, April 15, 2011

Rain Rain



Rain, rain go away, come again another day.   That is a little rhyme that my Mom taught me to say when on the rare occasion I woke up in Southern Utah to rain.  I would chant this little saying to myself  to ease my disappointment of not being able to go outside and play.

Well, the Midwest is known for rain.  And we had lots of it today.

Christopher Robin came in to me early in the day with the declaration that he wanted to "do something fun today."

We started with board games and it was really fun.

His favorite is Mouse Trap.  He got one for Christmas.  I had shown him one at the Goodwill and his little mechanical mind was absolutely mesmerized by it.  He was broken  hearted that I didn't buy it for him. I grew up playing the game and I knew that there were several pieces missing. Luckily Santa came through this year.


Here he is playing the "ABC's"

He sings the ABC's to himself  out of pitch and very loudly as he places each wooden letter down on the Scrabble board in order.  I love it!


                                                      Rue got in on the action too!


By 11:00AM we were done with board games and on to "making a garbage dump."  He needed  all my "stinky junk" to load in his dumptruck  and haul off to the landfill--his bedroom.  Just when the pile got huge----Daddy came home for the day  at 11:40AM.  (Rough schedule this week!  We love efficient surgeons that get in and get out!)


Behold the garbage dump.  Not too shabby!



We ran out of stinky junk so we made cookies and rode on Daddy's back.



As much as we tried to avoid it, clean-up time eventually came.  Those two were at it for at least an hour and a half.  And they had a marvelous time.


Singing and clapping hands all the while cleaning up the dump.

They did a great job!
And now, with the "Autobots" all in a row, it is bedtime.

It was one SUNNY rainy day, all thanks to a Dad who surprised us and came home early.  He is also the best Dad a little boy could have!

Ryan has a full Saturday tomorrow.  He has a big Osborn lecture to go to  from 8:00AM to 4:00PM followed by dinner from 6:00pm to 9:00pm that I have to go to.

And Jace has a Primary activity in the morning.  So that is what we will be doing all day.

Have a great weekend everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I love garbage dumps and stinky stuff and a mommy and daddy who make each moment count!

    ReplyDelete