Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Eggventory!


204 eggs ready to go!

With only 3 more days until the Easter Bunny visits our house, I spent my morning mating Easter eggs.  You know, like mating socks.

When I opened my blue Easter tote on Saturday to get Jace his Easter basket for the Primary activity, I noticed that all our eggs were a disheveled mess from last year.  Thinking back to last year, I remembered that the squirrels in Virgina attacked our eggs and chewed big holes in them and ate the candy.  Can you believe the rascals?  I still want revenge!

Last year the Easter Bunny hid 100 eggs for 3 year old  Robin to find. I remember being  worried that it wasn't  enough.  Jace is a night owl and we finally got him to bed after 10:00pm.  Ryan and I stayed up and filled 80 plastic eggs with money and candy.  I was great with child, so Ryan was  in the dark in our 1/2 acre back yard hiding eggs until all hours of the night.  Around midnight I was telling him,  " I really don't think 80 eggs is enough.  I just filled 20 more.  Will you pleeeease hide them for me.  I would rather have too many then wish we had more.  Easter is only once a year.  Please Ryan hide them- pretty please!!  You know if I wasn't so dang pregnant I would do it myself."

Oh, my sweet Rye-Pie told me over and over again that 80 was a great number.  That we had PLENTY.  But he still went out and hid my last 20 eggs until freakin' 1:00AM!

The next morning when Jace had about 60 eggs found, he saw a  medium sized frog hoping through our damp grass.  Well the frog  trumped the Easter egg hunt.  So who do you think had to go find the 40 eggs that were left behind?

Oh, that would have been Ryan!

This year I have limited myself to 200 eggs.  I only had 130 this morning after cutting my losses to the squirrels.  So I packed the kids up and off to Kmart and the dollar store we went.  We had such a great time getting 70--yes-- 70 more eggs for the Easter Bunny to hide.

The jury is still out on whether 204 eggs will be enough!!


Grace LOVED the disheveled egg mess!


I do admit that I get a little carried away when it comes to the holidays.  And my reasoning behind my madness-- it's in my genes!! But all too soon my little Robin and Rue will be grown and gone.


All sorted and counted.


1 comment:

  1. WHAT A TERRIFIC EASTER BUNNY THEY HAVE!! Precious memories!!

    ReplyDelete