Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The last time

This is a picture of the last time we were all together as a Swigert clan.  It was Grace and cousin Aubrey's blessing day on  Sunday, June 13, 2010.  Aubrey and Grace were born 4 days apart!

Shortly after this photo was taken, Ryan's older brother Jason (holding other infant--Aubrey) moved to Arizona to accept a job as an Internal Medicine Doctor, and we left for Iowa City to start Ryan's residency.

I especially like how both Nicole and myself (mothers of the two newborns) have our shoes off in the picture!  That's from being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen for so long we forgot what shoes felt like!

Actually it's really from EXHAUSTION and STRESS.  Both of us moved across the country 2 weeks after giving birth.   I have no plans to ever do that again--it was enough fun to last me a life time.

Well, next week the entire Swigert clan will be together again.  Ready or not Utah, here we all come!

This time we are taking our fun to the Sherwood Hills resort near Logan, Utah.  That's right.  A little golfing, relaxing by the pool, game playing, visiting the Logan cemetery.  It's all going to be done in excellent Swigert fashion, and hopefully without any "Swigert luck!"

Catching some much needed rest at Ryan's sister's house after our trek from Richmond, VA to Utah. (Here is some proof Jen, that I wasn't holding up so well without my Frances!!)
"Ahhh, I love my cousin Lizzy!  What a great place to pick my nose."

"Isn't it so nice of her to cart me around on her back? And she has the perfect sleeve to wipe by buggers on!"


Doesn't the Dr. look dashing, and oh so proud?

THE END






Cameron, no standing on your tip-toes for the next family photo.  You are making everyone else look short.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! That is a choice pic of the nose pick! So cute!!! I have never seen that picture before. I vote with you to let the Swigert luck stay far, far away during the reunion. Maybe there is a chant or dance or something we could start doing now. Can you believe those tiny babies are now a year old!! Can't wait!!! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i miss you, and oh i love you, and oh how i wish i lived next door!!!
    the napping picture is so adorable. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think cameron was wearing his high heels that day, for the extra tall look. ;)

    ReplyDelete