Friday, June 17, 2011

Oh what do you do in the Morningtime?


Around 11:00 am almost every morning, I take a bowl and put in 2-3 eggs, flax seed, wheatgerm, buttermilk, milk, Bisquick, canola oil, and sometimes a smidge of cinnamon and nutmeg.  I then whip up the MOST delicious waffles you have ever tasted, served with homemade syrup and sometimes strawberries or blueberries.

We then mosey out to our deck and eat this MOST delicious breakfast.  Robin then  lines-up all his trucks while we wait and hope for the phone to ring.




Who would be calling us?

Why Daddy of course.

"Hey honey, I am done for the morning, do you want to come pick me up and we can have lunch?"

"Sure, we can be there in about 10 minutes.  We just had breakfast, but we can watch you eat."

So that's what we do. We patiently wait for Daddy to eat, then we play "Transformers" or "Ice Road Truckers" with him for a minute or two before we have to give him back to the people at the hospital.

But I tell you what, you come to Iowa to see us and you can bet I will make you the MOST delicious waffles to boot, and they are well worth the trip.

Just ask Christopher Robin. Every morning he says, "DEEELIcious, that's my favorite food." 

He's just like someone else I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment