Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Ice Road

A cake pan + water + freezer = equals hours of fun for Christopher Robin.

He just currently finished watching season 1 of Ice Road Truckers and he will tell you that those trucks have got to get all the supplies to the diamond mines in Yellowknife before the time runs out and the ice road melts.  But sometimes those trucks do "just crack through the ice." 

"Oh, a BIG mack truck. Be careful. Don't crack through."

Christopher Robin telling those trucks to go slow so they don't break through the ice.

And as the Dr. says when he plays Ice Road Truckers,  "Yeah, yeah, I'm going slow, don't want my bleep, bleep tires to crash through the ice bleep, bleep!"  "Oh bleep, my truck is so heavy, I can hear the ice crack beneath it, bleep,bleep."

He knows that Christopher Robin has no clue what  "bleep, bleep" means, he just puts it in his dialogue solely for my benefit, because he knows how thrilled I am about my 4 year old learning to talk "truck."

It is such a shame though that my jelly roll pan will not fit in my freezer.  It would make the BEST ice road yet.  But this winter when it gets cold out, you can bet that I will be pulling it out of my cupboard and filling it with water and setting it outside my back door to freeze over night because we only have the BEST ice roads 'round here. There will be NO bleep, bleep cracks in OUR bleep, bleep ice road!

No comments:

Post a Comment