Friday, June 29, 2012

Thunderstorm

Theisens!
It is early and I just awoke to a thunderstorm.  I am so happy it is raining because swimming lessons are probably cancelled!! I do enjoy taking the kids, and they love going, but it has been taking away my personal time in the morning that I use for blogging, etc. so I am enjoying this time to myself.

This morning I am feeling sad and anxious mostly because of the supreme court's ruling on Obamacare.  I want my children to know how opposed I am to this bill, and how worried I am that it might actually go into effect.  I am not going to go into all the reasons why I so strongly oppose this bill here, but my heart is heavy.

But despite all the political battles that rage around us, threatening our freedoms, I am doing my best to live my life as peacefully and happily as I can surrounded by my Dr. and little Robin and Rue.

Yesterday evening after Ryan got home we went to the city park so Rue could ride the train and airplanes-she has been asking to go for days now. It was unexpectedly closed due to high heat and humidity, so as a back-up plan we ended up at Jace's favorite store--Theisens.  It is the store that sells his beloved gooose neck trailor truck that he got for Christmas.

We came out of the store $2.00 poorer because Ryan bought a box of 200 water balloons for Christopher Robin. We then went to Lowes and Walmart and called it a night.



1 comment:

  1. so cute. we take the kids to tractor supply ever year to see the baby chickens and ducks and they think it's the best thing ever.
    i know your heart is heavy, as are many others. but "be strong and of a good courage. be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed. for the Lord, thy God is with thee, whithersoever thou goest."
    we will be okay b. :)

    ReplyDelete