Monday, June 25, 2012

Mother of the Year

Eating breakfast from Walmart
Today swimming lessons started and today I earned my "Mother of the Year Award."  How? By feeding my kids donuts for breakfast at Walmart after the swimming lessons, letting Rue swim at the Athletic club in her underwear because I forgot her swimming suit, not noticing when she jumped into the deep end of the baby pool and started to drown because it was 2 feet deep and she couldn't get her feet under herself, and last, but not least, not even thinking about putting sunscreen on Jace, so tonight his back is bright red and burning.  Luckily we have two full weeks of lessons ahead of us, so maybe by the end we can get it right.

On a brighter note, over the weekend we did get our garage 85% cleaned, the Davis' did come over for dinner on Saturday, and we did try out our new Slip'n Slide.  Ryan is still waiting for that water balloon fight and when we have it, he is going down!  Christopher Robin has been planning it for weeks!

Jace practicing his kicking

Miss Rue in the baby pool.  When she saw it, she jumped right in clothes and all. So I stripped her down to her underwear.

She is such a dare devil and a quick little thing.  I am used to Jace who dreams and moves slowly!






Jace is helping Gracie stay out of the deep end! He didn't want her to drown again.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like this every day almost! Oh I love how REAL and HONEST you are! So refreshing that you admit to not being perfect. :) (Although, I still think you are!) Love you & hope you are well! Cute kiddos you have Bronwynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Jen. It is a breath of fresh air! These dang cuties. what a little dare devil our Rue is! Big brother Christopher is all that a perfect big brother should be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, if you want the mother of the year award, you are going to have to come to Virginia and take it off my mantel.

    ReplyDelete