Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day highlights


The highlight of Ryan's Father's Day this year was the fact that he was NOT working!  He worked the Sunday before Father's Day, and he works the Sunday after, but not this Sunday. To celebrate he went to church and did his home teaching.  Isn't he a good man?


While Ryan was home teaching, Christopher Robin was hard at work making a gift for his Dad. He cut out 20 hearts from construction paper

and then I helped him write love notes on them. We wrapped them up in a white paper bag.


When Ryan got home Christopher Robin presented him with the bag. Ryan read every single heart


 and made a big fuss about each one.  Christopher Robin was delighted!

The other treasure Ryan received this year was this paper from Primary-also custom made by Christopher Robin.

It says: 

My Dad's name is   Ryan.
My Dad is 13     years old.
My Dad's job is   to fix people at the hospital.  
My Dad likes to  play with toys and games.
My Dad does not like to  drink alcohol.
My Dad helps me when I fall down the stairs.
My Dad is best at  lifting a couch.
My Dad likes to wear his church clothes.
My Dad does not like to wear his underwear!
My Dad likes to eat apples and bananas in his cereal.
My Dad does not like to eat  pizza (cheese).
What I love most about my Dad is when he takes me on boats and trucks.


This paper is so important that it is going on Ryan's desk in the resident room.




Being a father is the Dr's favorite job, hands down!


1 comment: