Saturday, June 16, 2012

Utah Trip Continued - Part I

The entire Swigert Clan, plus my sister Calista and 4 of her children at the Maddox Restaurant in Brigham City, Utah April 18, 2012.
Remember how I traveled to Utah in April?   We were there for 2 wonderful weeks and Jace still talks about our trip a lot and asks when we are moving there.  Since I have been back home in Iowa I have been suffering with home sickness.  I can honestly say this is the first time in the past 6 years since I have moved away that I have felt such a pull towards home.  I can't figure out if it is because my children ask when they will get to go see their Poppy, Grammy, and cousins again, or if it's because my parents are old and I want the freedom to see them more than a few days a year, but alas, no matter the reason, this has been my aliment for the past few months and I have to live with it for now.

In the meantime, here are some more pictures of our trip. On our first evening in Salt Lake City we went to see the new City Creek Mall in downtown. It is amazing and beautiful.  We all had a fun time there.

Jace with his cousins Nathan, Ellie, Becky and Lizzy.



Here is Uncle Adam and cousin Norah.

Jace loves Ellie and talks about her all the time, so it was a treat to hold her hand as they walked through the mall.




Jace and Norah as they wait at the Maddox Restaurant for lunch.

Ryan and his brother Jeff holding his little son, Henry Abram- "Hal."

Poppy (Will), Miquel, Hal, Jeff, Grammy (Jill), Aunt Mary and Becky at Maddox.
 

Our room this year at the Sherwood Hills Resort had this cozy little cove with bunk beds and our kids loved it! Jace slept on the top one and I thought he would fall off, but he didn't!  Why wasn't there a railing??

Little Rue was not amused that she did not get to sleep in the bunk bed. She climbed that ladder a bazillion times, and sure enough each time she got to the top Ryan and I would promptly get her down!


The pool at Sherwood



Ryan's brother Jason with his daughters BreeAnn and Aubrey.

Nathan Day!

Thanks to Aunt Kate who does all the planning, the kids had water guns to play with!




Three little cousin sitting in a row!  Grace, BreeAnn, and Aubrey.  We did not plan matching swimming suits in advance!
The game room at the Resort. 

It is always so much fun.

Jace was old enough this year to have some success at ping pong.

He actually hit the ball a few times! 


This is the end of part I, but more is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment