Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer of swimming


When I was in first grade, my Dad bought an eight foot round galvanized stock tank from Inter mountain Farmers and brought it home and placed it on our patio.  I was immediately in  love with it.  I spent my summers frolicking in the southern Utah sun, jumping endlessly from the trampoline into the stock tank.


This summer has probably been the first time since I out grew my childhood tank, that I have spent so much time in a swimming pool-mostly because public pools freak me out.  But this summer, we go swimming every morning at the University Club and I am in heaven.   Robin and Rue are my little swimming buddies, and all I want to do is swim with them year round.  I love the smell of the chlorine, I love the sun, I even love the pool side music played over the speakers!
But the swimming season ends for us on August 2nd, when swimming lessons are over for the year. And when they are over, I will probably have to go to therapy, I will me in total mourning! 


I am amazed at how much progress Christopher Robin has made in 2 weeks.  When he started this year, his only background in a pool was 2 weeks of lessons-pre-school level 1--which he didn't pass.
But now he is totally comfortable in the water and can kick around on his kick board without the teachers help.

Gracie stands by the sidelines and copiously watches Jace's class, and asks me a million times to go in the "big" pool.

She paces back and forth, learning how to swim by watching the other kids.



Yesterday, Jace kicked across the whole swimming pool to the deep end and back without any help.


He knew it was either sink or swim, so I think he chose to SWIM.

Well, enough on swimming.  But what I do know is that next summer I am going to plan ahead, I am joining the University Athletic Club! 

6 comments:

  1. Our Lil Darl'n Rue is a living doll! You look wonderful B-4. Our Robin is just dang delicious! Wish I were there to splash around with all of you! XOXOXOXOXO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wish you were here too! Ryan says the club reminds him of going swimming with Rass. I could get used to belonging to a club. A little golf, tennis and swimming--it actually reminds me of you Mom! We need to live close to each other someday!

      Delete
  2. you are all beautiful. wish i was there to frolick in the pool with you. i love the water too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You grew up in a pool too! Those were the days... I would love to spend my summer mornings with you! I would watch the kids while they swam around, we would order lunch poolside (or Mike could drop it by!)and then mosey on home for nap time...

      Delete
  3. I loved swimming lessons in the summer! I have many fond memories! You are creating such great memories for CR and Rue! That means extra Mom Points!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - B4! This is priceless and I am having a ball catching up on these blogs! I can't believe how much Gracie is growing up!!!

    ReplyDelete