Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving aftermath


If you would have walked in our front door on Thursday after Thanksgiving dinner, this is what you would have seen. As you can tell the excitement goes up a notch or two when Ryan walks through the door.  The boys made a purple paper airplane and launched it into our ceiling fan.  The fan was set on high and it shot the airplane around the room when it hit the spinning blades.  It's quite fun to watch.

This is exactly why a boy needs a Dad!

They are terrific-anyway ours is!!!

One of our Thanksgiving traditions is for Ryan to make his Aunt MeeAnn's dinner rolls.

This year he had the best help money can buy!

And they don't get much cuter than this.  I think I have some stiff competition now!

On November 30th Ryan finished his month long rotation on Pediatric General Surgery.  This Thanksgiving we felt so truly blessed for many things.  We are grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, our families, and our healthy children.  There are so many sick kids at the Iowa University Hospital that Ryan worked with, and we are so grateful that ours are home and happy and healthy with us this Thanksgiving. 

Hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving! 



3 comments:

  1. The funniest thing just happened. Grammy has tried and tried to post comments on this blog to no avail. One just was erased. So she came to me and said, "Freddy, what am I going to do? I want to talk to Christopher Robin and Rue so badly and tell them how my heart was all warmed up after reading this blog and seeing these pictures." Well, I just said to her, "Grammy, why don't you just type in the word, 'testing,' take a deep breath, try letting me press some new buttons, and see what happens. So Grammy let me try and ... well, if this gets printed we can thank me for it.

    Love,

    Freddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so very thankful for you all! Rue seems to be quite the helper!

    ReplyDelete