Thursday, December 8, 2011

Decking the halls

Last Friday I started hauling in my red and green plastic totes from the garage. They are filled with my Christmas wreaths and nutcrackers and Annalee dolls.  I inherited some of my decorations from my Mother.  She collected beautiful things and has now passed them on to her children.  

On of my favorites is this 1950's vintage paper village that she bought new in the 50's!  Yes, my mom is in her 80's now.  This has always been a favorite of Jace, but I have kept it out of reach for obvious reasons.  This year I let Christopher Robin assemble the village while Miss Rue was taking her nap.

This was a special treat for him!  He loves building houses anyway, so the privilege of assembling  a whole village was spectacular.  He spent a LONG time getting things just right~


He carefully stuck a light bulb inside each house. 

But his favorite part,

 was sprinkling  the snow all over the village.  It is fake of course, but none-the-less, fabulous stuff.

The snow!

Ta-da!
Now we are all done decking our halls, and our house looks beautiful.  And Christopher Robin is anxiously awaiting the arrival of St. Nick!

1 comment:

  1. So Grammy told me that your mommy lets you play with delicate, special things like this because she knows that you care about them as much as she does and that every time you touch them, you are making a special memory in your heart that will never be forgotten. Grammy loved the design you made, Christopher Robin, and she loves the way you can squat down with your long legs and big feet and at the same time do such careful, thoughtful, delicate things.

    Love,

    Freddy

    ReplyDelete