Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mother doesn't always know best

Here is my proud boy!

We have been enjoying beautiful, warm weather here in Iowa.  We went to Willow Creek park -for several hours-'cuz I'm such a swell Mom. While we were there Jace taught himself, with a little coaching from me, how to slide down the fireman pole.


First, you bravely step to the edge


then hold tight


and slide down.


Pretty simple, right?  It was going so well at first. 

He did it over and over again.  I watched for a while and took pictures of course, then went on my way, satisfied that I had given him ample praise for his accomplishment. A little while later, I hear "Mommy" in a very anguished Jace voice.  I turn to look, there is Jace slowly walking towards me with his "family jewels" exposed to the light of day.  I rush to his side -lets just say he is rubbed raw.

Lets look again - yeah, I forgot to teach him to use his knees.  Whoops!

Sorry Christopher Robin. At least I knew to advise against the Band aid he wanted to use when we got home.

But as they say, "no pain, no gain."

No comments:

Post a Comment