Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Behold the fort

Here is construction foreman Jace.

On Friday nights, when Ryan is not on call, we always try to go out on a date from 7-9pm. The kids love our babysitter and we love our one-on-one time!  This Friday, after we got home and we were settling into bed, it hit me. PAIN, terrible, terrible, stomach pain accompanied by chills and fever and nausea -overwhelming nausea.  I was in this afflicted state all weekend, and I will be honest, today is the first day I have been up to speed. 

So what happens when Mom can't lift her head off the pillow and Dad is in charge?  Well, besides the burnt meals and over drafted bank account,  lets just say they had loads and LOADS of FUN around here. Those mice played and played!  And some of the proof was in my living room on Monday morning.

Here is Jace in his tent bedroom inside his fort. He crept into this little room in the middle of the night and slept there 'til Ryan found him the next morning.


And the rest of what happened

around here this weekend -it's probably best if I don't know about it.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Brings back memories of grand forts that my brothers used to make. Where's the fan and TV, though Rye? ;) What a good daddy. Sorry to hear about the bug you caught Bronwynn! Love reading your blog and feeling like I'm not missing out on all those cuties are doing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete