Monday, October 17, 2011

The Apple Orchard

I love this picture. I took it last year on our 1st trip to Wilson's.

On Saturday we made our annual trek to the Wilson's Apple Orchard.  I love the glimmering sunlight of fall, and Saturday was a beautiful, fall day.

When we first arrived, and got out of our cars,  we saw some beautiful large butterflies that Ammon and Jace chased around on the grassy hill overlooking the orchard.


Here we are, the Erickson's and Swigert's ready to find some pumpkins!
We ran into several families from our ward!

In order to ride the tractor-named "Bessie" -down the hill to the pumpkin patch, you have to wait your turn.  So that's what we did, we "sat on some pumpkins and had them all to ourselves."


Here we are on "Bessie". When we got to the creek at the bottom of the hill, they drove right on in, and stopped right in the middle. They then told we had just broke down.  But they were teasing!

Oh, the looks of anticipation!

Gracie wouldn't look at me. Too much going on!

At the bottom of the hill we started our pumpkin search.  Grace knew that Christopher Robin would love the rocks, so she proudly held them up for Jace to see!

She was right. He threw a few into the stream then managed

to lug over the perfect pumpkin to take home.


Then little Miss Gracie found one too.


After the pumpkin hunt, we also searched for red tags that were hidden in the trees.  The tags had numbers written on them that we redeemed for prizes.

I won one of their AMAZING, apple turnovers-Ala mode-which I have been craving all year long!!! I really did not share ONE bite! I meant too, but I didn't.

And now, for your enjoyment, since I was not blogging last year, are a few pictures from last year's trip.






Ryan and I haven't aged a bit, but our Robin and Rue sure have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment