Thursday, October 20, 2011

Birthday week- Part I

Photo- compliments of Christopher Robin
Oh, the Dr. is singing around here.  He is off work for the week and he just walks around with a smile on his face.  If I had his job-draining puss and all the fun stuff a year 2 resident gets to do-I would be happy for a small break as well.
Photo-taken by Christopher Robin.
He just gets his kids fed and dressed everyday and loves every minute of it.  I love the break.

Photo-Christopher Robin
Monday, as you know, the kids all got their vaccinations.  It went fine. I didn't go. Christopher Robin said the shots didn't hurt too much.  Ryan lathered them in EMLA cream (numbs the skin) an hour before the injections.  It must have worked, or at least helped.


Wednesday we went to the temple.  It was cold in Nauvoo, but it is so beautiful this time of year. Ryan attended the 10:00 AM session while I waited with the kids in the Temple Arrival Center. We have never waited in there before and it was fantastic.  I was impressed. They have a large closet stocked with toys for the kids, a mother's room with a crib and a couch and a rocking chair, a kitchen--you name it, it was there!

The toy closet had Noah's Ark and lots of trucks and cars-important for an almost 5 year old boy.


 I was the only person on my session. I went at 1:00PM. I felt like a VIP. The Temple President was the session officiator. It was a special experience. 


And this is my Christopher Robin on the eve of his 5th birthday. 

The three of us stayed up way too late watching movies.  Christopher Robin danced around the family room to the movie music and played with his trucks.  Ryan and I reminisced about the night he was born and talked about the past 5 years as parents.

It has been such a wonderful week so far. I want to push pause and keep it longer.  I don't want Christopher Robin, age 4 -to be gone forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment