Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Birds and the Bees...

Oh, the flowers and the trees.




Last night when I was in bed reading Transformers with Jace, we had a little "discussion."

It went like this:

Jace--"Mommy, I need lots of friends."

Mommy--"Do you remember Gavin, Caeden and Suzy, and Ellie, Nathan and Lizzy?"

Jace--"Yes."

Mommy--"They are your friends.  We just don't live by them right now.  Your new friends are Ammon, Charlie, and Sanders."

Jace--"I know Mommy,  but I need the kind of friends that come out of your tummy when it grows bigger, bigger, bigger."  --he demonstrates with his hands reaching out as far as they will go.

Mommy--"Oh, you mean like baby Gracie?"

Jace--"Yeah, but a boy.  A boy like me that likes lighter blue.  That's my favorite color, lighter blue."

Mommy--"Well, when Gracie gets a little bigger, maybe Mommy's tummy can do that again."--I'm thinking to myself--Ryan will be happy to get right on that.

Jace--"Yeah, I want it to just pop out of your belly button like I did.  See, (pointing to his belly button) I have one too!  Oh Mommy, I am so excited.  I can't wait!"



Now that we know it is just that easy, shouldn't we all get a' poppin'?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! That little guy needs Grammy squashing right now!! That is so dang precious!
    Why didn't Heavenly Father think of the belly button option?

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't look at me girlfriend...i've done popped!

    ReplyDelete