Sunday, June 23, 2013

This post


Me at 20 weeks and 1 day

is all about me and baby number three.  Today I am 21 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I had my 20 week appointment and ultra sound on Wednesday.  At this appointment I received the results of my 4 week integrated screening test and I was so happy and relieved to learn that as far as they can tell this baby is healthy and beautiful, and we feel so thrilled and blessed at our house.  I also learned that my age related risk for having another baby with a chromosome disorder was 1:69.  I am sad that the odds are so daunting.  The window really closes fast after age 35 I have learned.

This pregnancy has been going well for the most part.  In fact I am now enjoying it!  I had my usual debilitating morning sickness for a little over two months, but now it has mostly subsided and we are back to normal life around here.

The funnest part of this pregnancy is sharing it with Robin and Rue.  They are so absolutely thrilled to be getting another baby at our house.  Jace has told me on numerous occasions that we still have three empty seats in our van and we need to fill it up with brothers for him.

They maul my stomach everyday for what seems like hours talking to the baby and trying to feel it move.  According to Jace he has already taught it to say "Jace, Gracie, Mommy and Daddy."  So we are expecting the first talking newborn in the history of the world to arrive at our house sometime around the beginning of November.

I did not find out if this baby is a boy or girl.  We are going to be surprised this time.  And I really don't have a clue as to which it is.  I have usually known, but this time I am blank, but leaning towards boy.  I didn't know that waiting would be so fun, I am enjoying the anticipation.  I know some of you are not enjoying the anticipation, but here in Iowa it is great fun!

I am due on Nov. 2nd, but measuring slightly ahead.  But they have not moved my due date up.  I personally hope I  have this baby on Sunday, November 3rd.



The kids mauling my stomach after church.  Gracie of course ripped her clothes off the minute she walked through the door.  Keeping that girl clothed will be the death of me.
 
 
Here is my sweet boy, just so happy that he has a healthy sibling on the way to our house.  He really hopes it's a brother.  He took the loss of Truman in November much harder then I thought he would. 
 
 So here's to only 19 weeks to go!!

2 comments:

  1. Not opening my presents until Christmas has always been a challenge for me but I have decided against engaging in subterfuge. Actually, I am getting into the fun of waiting. BIG step for me!! Originally, I was going to engage fellow spies for a black-op investigation but I have decided to "open this present" with you cuties!! Aren't you proud of me? ;) B4 - you look radiant!! Love to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B- you look beautiful and stunning, AS ALWAYS!! Congrats on #3! Very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete