Friday, June 7, 2013

Best Day Ever

 

There is another family in our ward that home schools.  It is the Perry family.  We have been meaning to get together all year and it finally happened on Monday!  Jace was in seventh heaven!  He had a pack of boys to play with and he was beside himself.  They did things that has never crossed his mind!

 
First of all, they played in the sandbox with him and made an elaborate dam out of bricks and concrete. When they grew tired of that they went chipmunk hunting and actually caught one in our rain gutter!  I gave them a blue water container to keep it in.
 
They were so careful with it.  I told them if they didn't hurt it, they could keep it for a while to look at.  And they were so gentle.  I was proud of those boys!!
 
Here is the other half of the crew.  I had 7 kids in all.  Gracie helped me tend these little ones.  I put them on a movie after they had grown tired of the great outdoors and told her to just bonk them on the head with the bat if they got out of line, and they were perfect little angels!!  Go figure.  My best parenting technique yet!
 
 
I looked out to see how the boys were and found Christopher Robin in this precarious position.  He has never attempted to climb our fence before. The boys wanted to go find berries to feed the chipmunk and the logical thing to do is hop the fence--not go through the gate.

He was stuck and calling for help.  I arrived just in time to save his manhood. 
 
They played in the trees and did find some berries, which I heard the chipmunk ate.
 
Then I suggested that they show the girls the chipmunk they had found.

They all took turns looking at it.  Gracie of course wanted to keep it forever and ever.  But we turned it loose to go back to be with its family.

And as luck would have it-- Christopher Robin and Rue had one of their "best days ever!!"

1 comment:

  1. B4 - you are hilarious!! Tell Jace that Grammy does not go for an "on the fence" stance on this issue. I say commit one way or the other to ensure further progeny. Gracie: Today, a BAT - Tomorrow, a SAMURAI SWORD ... if Poppy has his way! ;)

    ReplyDelete