Friday, June 14, 2013

We survived our first T-ball game

Jace's first T-ball game was on Tuesday evening at 5:45. It was long and hot and humid and there was no place to sit out of the direct sun. I was dying.  Jace had fun and liked it, I guess that is the important part.


I took a few bad shots of him playing.  Here he is up to bat! He got 3 chances to bat and all three times he had nice hits.

 
He is off to 1st base! 
 
 
And here is a terrible picture of him in the outfield.  He also got to be the catcher for an inning and he loved that. I should have taken pictures of him doing it. But I didn't.  Now I wish I would have.

 
Miss Gracie Rue had a hard time sitting in the heat for an hour and 15 minutes.  They told us the games would be about 45 minutes, so I wasn't prepared for the long haul.  She never really annoys me, but at this game she was getting on my nerves.  It was the constant climbing all over me, the putting of grass in my hair, and lap, and in my shoes, the wanting to take her clothes off because she was hot and itchy.  It was the fact that she wanted pretzels and pretzels only, and of course I didn't have any.  But we survived! 
 
I was hoping that Jace would tell me when it was over that he hated it and didn't want to play anymore, because instead of encouraging him to finish out the season, I would have told him GREAT!!  Let's be done until next year. But he didn't. So Gracie and I made a big fuss and told him how well he played. (Minus the incidence of him throwing the metal bat and hitting the catcher with it--he doesn't know that happened -he was running to first base-luckily his coach handled the incidence beautifully or Jace would have been in tears too.)  So I guess we (I) will figure out how to enjoy our next 5 games. And then I will HAPPILY be done for the season. But don't tell Christopher Robin I said that! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment