Thursday, February 28, 2013

Just a good Thursday


Today was just a good ol'day. I wasn't expecting anything outstanding to happen.  Which is good because nothing outstanding did happen.  But what really made this day different was just a series of wonderful little things.


First of all, we saw the Dr. today a lot.  He had a short day!  So he surprised us by unexpectedly walking in our front door.


His being home early resulted in the kids getting to make a snowman and then sledding down the hill behind our house! I wish I had pictures, but they did this while I was seeing the eye doctor.  He also took on the project of painting the bathroom and because he had such good help--he didn't miss a spot!

lego car Jace made while I was at the gym

Jace got "fired" from home school today.  That is what he told his Dad when he got home. But the real story is that I fired myself from being his teacher for the day! I felt that maybe I needed to step back a little bit and let Jace take some ownership of his education.  Which resulted in a boy who was asking to do his lessons!  


So this evening as I went to the gym, (which was actually fun!), the two of them started on the math lesson we hadn't done.


While the boys were finishing up Gracie and I shared lots and lots of salad and

 
Spaghetti alla carbonara which I had just made for the first time with my new cook book.  It was so incredibly delicious, and probably incredibly fattening. But I could care less--for now!
 
So as you can see, it was nothing spectacular, just an unexpected treat to be all together.

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading and looking through these pictures over and over. I just love the love captured on camera, Bronwynn. The simple parts of life that make it so powerful and meaningful. You make me feel bad that I've been such a slacker in taking pictures of my kids this last little while. I had a digital album all done (spent hours!) and just before sending to be "published" my software crashed and I lost all of that work. For over a year I've been pouting and on strike. You make me remember all the little things that aren't being recorded now. *sigh* If only I'd done it your way with a picture blog that wouldn't have happened - and I could better do it all year long instead of one crunch at the end of the year. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh. Just hopped on tonight and feel like I had a big B4 hug! Simply delightful, delightful!

    ReplyDelete