Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Super Mom


"Ahhh, it's good to be back"

I want you all to know that this past week Jace awarded me the very coveted title of Super Mom!!  What does it take to become a Super Mom you ask? Well in my case it was very easy.  All it required was taking Christopher Robin and his side kick Rue to his old home away from home --our local Children's Museum.



We haven't been there for almost 2.5 years. I had forgotten what a fun place it is.  This is where Jace and I went everyday for the first four long weeks we spent in Iowa City.  We were homeless then. Grace was an infant with colic and we were waiting for our house to close in Mid-July.  I still kind-of cringe -and almost shed a tear -when I think of that hard summer, so that is probably why I haven't been back since then. But I will say this--that summer alone earned me the title of Super Mom......!!!!


It was so fun to take Gracie there for the first time!!  She loved shopping at the supermarket and Jace had a great time showing her around.


 
 

We then went and made pine wood derby cars so Jace could give them a spin down the race track.

Watching his cars race to the end.

It is an awesome long track. 
 
 
This is the plane room.   It has several planes that the kids can pedal to make the propellers turn. 
 
 
 
 And a real plane.
 
This handsome pilot is going to be a heart breaker someday! 
 
He has a cute co-pilot. 
 
They are flying off to "Utah City" to visit their Grandparents! 
 
 
And here is Miss Amelia Earhart back from her trip. 
 
It is so nice to have a place where they can do all the paining they want and it is not at my house!! 
 
They have a train room, a reading room, a Lego room, you name it- it's there.  It really is so fun.   I was surprised to run into Daisey the cow here-- she is new.
 
 
 You squeeze her utter and guess what---"milk"  comes out.  Can you tell by the look on Christopher Robin's face that that was very unexpected??
 
Well, this concludes our little tour of our local Children's Museum for now. I hope you have enjoyed it.  Now, I am off to be "Super!" 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Now we just need a super run of violin sales so we can fly you guys to Utah to go the the Discovery Gateway here together!! :)

    Love those sweet little faces. Thanks for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yearn, yearn, yearn to hug and squash those cutie patooties! You know how to make the magic happen, B4! It shows on those faces!!

    ReplyDelete