Monday, February 25, 2013

glimpses of last week

 
This is one of Christopher Robin's Lego creations.  He made it last week late one night while I stayed up to read my new cookbook and Ryan worked on building our new computer. I decided to post them because I think they are cool!!  Whenever he steals the camera and photographs his toys, he takes a long time photographing them. So here are a few of his shots.
 
 
 





I thought they were pretty artistic!!


And here is my other artist!!  She paints and works with play dough EVERYDAY. This was Monday--pink underwear.
This was Tuesday.....purple underwear....Thursday it was yellow!! On any given day it is a huge mess, with Gracie Rue stripped down to her underwear having a great time. 
 
It is also my favorite part of the day- tripping over it all- and stepping in all the play dough while I make dinner!!  Good times!! 
 
 
 


Behold the contrast--which I love.  I snapped the above pictures of Gracie (purple underwear) and then snapped this picture of Jace at the dinning room table. He has just finished arranging his cars.  They are very carefully arranged with a Lego figure driver by each one.  I love them both like crazy and I so enjoy seeing each of them express their creativity,  just one is much easier to clean up after!!


So I mentioned we are getting a new computer. Our old one was 10 years old, I guess it was time.  Just the timing wasn't great.  It crashed and burned just as I was supposed to be writing a talk to give in Sacrament meeting on Sunday. 


But I think the Dr was OK with having a little project to work on.  He built our last computer and I think he had fun getting to build another one

especially with such great help!!
 


And now this post is getting long, but I didn't get a chance last week to put this up, so now I will.


Here you see some brotherly love.  Jace is giving Grace a full commentary on each of his cars!!

In full detail.

 
They had also been wanting to build a car wash, which they did.  Pretty nifty invention.
It came fully equipped with a "sprayer." 
Which squirted real water!!! Fantastic!!
 
All in all it was a nice slow week with a snow storm on Thursday night which dropped about 7 inches of snow.  Public school was cancelled (so were our homeschool enrichment classes in Kalona) and Ryan ended up free all morning because all his patients cancelled. So he stayed home and harassed us all morning and then went in at 1:00p.m.  It was an unexpected treat to have him home.
 
Now it is Monday morning and I am off to see what this week brings!  Hope you have a good week too!

4 comments:

  1. A. I LOVE the pictures that Jace took. He's really quite clever with that camera.
    B. I LOVE that Grace is always in naught but her skivvies.
    C. You owe me a Liebster blog post...and I will not forget it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A. I think you're great
      B. I miss you
      C. I have your Liebster post mostly written
      D. I will probably post it in April!!

      Delete
  2. I remember the photos that Jace took a while back. They were so original and artistically done. He has a real flare for photography among so many other things. Gracie is so adorable!! Those pictures were a real highlight today. Glad that the doctor had a chance to be with all of you sweeties. B4 - you are amazing!! Also, I need some B4 pictures. Get Jace to do a photo shoot! Loves and Squashes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next time I am scrubbing paint off my kitchen floor and picking play dough off my shoes, I will remember how adorable Gracie is!!! Love you so much Mom!!

      Delete