Tuesday, April 24, 2012

St George



In case you didn't know, or if you have never been there, there is a beautiful place in Southern Utah called "Utah's Dixie" or St. George.  It is my hometown, where I grew up.  It is nestled in a valley between the Red Hills and the Black Hill.  They say that once you have lived in Dixie it is hard to get the red sand out of your shoes.  I find that to be true. I can never get enough of that red sand and soul filling sun.

On Easter Sunday I flew there with Robin and Rue,-- well to Las Vegas, which is 100 miles to the SW.  I was greeted at the McCarrean airport by my sister Randolyn and her husband Paul. They loaded us up and we headed home- to St George.

While Ryan was in Iowa with his nose to the grind, we were having a wonderful time basking in that warm, beautiful sun with a big blue sky overhead. My parents now live in my grandparent's home which was built in 1948.  Every 5 days irrigation water runs through their yard. Christopher Robin calls it the "river."

Here is some foootage of this trip's water turn:










It looks as fun as it was!



Don't you just want to take your shoes off and walk through the warm, wet, red sand with Christopher Robin?


My mother and my daughter wearing their hats!





Let me be honest--the water turn was way more exciting once Rue took her clothes off!

But more on that tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment