Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Perfect pets


Last week, two of my favorite people ventured out for a bike ride.


When they finally made it home, an excited Christopher Robin
had something special tucked inside his pocket to show me.

It was his new friends, "Freddy and Charlie."


"They are just so cute and tickley."

The fact that Freddy and Charlie made it home unscathed is a miracle!

 
"I love my caterpillars, I want them to live with us forever."

 
We brought them inside to put them safely in a jar before they got hurt. Little Rue got to meet them too!


Seeing a large, plump caterpillar for the first time is so exciting!

"Firsts" are so great!

 

The next morning I went into Jace's room to check on him.

He was already awake and had his new pets out of their jar

"just keeping him company." 

But, if you get sidetracked watching a movie, they quietly crawl away and get lost in your room.


But that's OK, because Mom is good at finding them before they get squished. Other than that, they really are perfect pets.


So welcome to the family Freddy and Charlie!



2 comments:

  1. This is a test to see if I can post. This is only a test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY COW!!!! do you know how long I have waited for this moment? Grammy actually got through!!! Eeeeehah!! I loved this blog, Bronwynn. Ask Ryan what the name of his pet caterpillar was. He was heartbroken over its demise.

    ReplyDelete