Monday, November 28, 2011

Early start


Knowing that Ryan was going to be at the hospital all day on Thanksgiving Day and not in the kitchen helping me cook, I decided to get an early start making our turkey dinner. Our menu was as follows:  turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, yams, stuffing, jello, cranberry sauce, MeeAnn's rolls, holiday punch, and banana cream pie.  We had pumpkin pie also, but I bought it. I learned that Christopher Robin is a great helper in the kitchen! He was so excited to cook with me!


His first assignment was to scrub the yams. 

He worked for quite awhile scrubbing away until they were perfectly clean!


Then I perched him up on our dining room table to keep him away from Gracie while he brushed each one with butter.


Then he meticulously rolled them in foil.

Didn't he do a great job?


Then he made Jello for the first time- with bananas of course.  It was so much fun. 


He opened the fridge door at least 500 times waiting for it to set.


And it finally did!!
 
 (to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment