Friday, August 12, 2011

Turned loose

They played in the sink for at least an hour.
Today, I turned Robin and Rue loose for most of the afternoon.  I got the urge to start my fall cleaning.  The air has changed here in Iowa.  It is cooler, and crisp, and tells me to clean.  So I did.

They were still at it when Dad got home.

My accomplishments today:

Fridge and freezer emptied and scrubed
Fridge moved and swept under
Top of fridge dusted and washed
Oven/stove swept under and outside scrubed
Filing cabinent emptied and sorted


The rest of the house-- a disaster.


This evening while I finished my sorting Ryan fed the kids, then Jace took the camera.
So here is the evening through the eyes of Christopher Robin:
 Daddy feeding Grace.


Grace always has her hand in her water.   Grammy-you have a special name for that--what is it?? Is it sticky fingers?   (It's "tasty fingers" -  thanks Grammy!)
A self portrait

 Picture of mom, which luckily turned out blurry!

Grace is DONE!

Dad cleaning up!
(dang he's cute-there's something about a man in the kitchen!)


The evening sun.

We then made plans for a sleep out!  We have been wanting to sleep outside for weeks now.  But the weather or Ryan's call schedule has not permitted.  But tonight the stars have aligned so we are off to make it happen!!

More on that next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment