Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It happened

Jace presenting me with the presents he made for me.

Well, those of you who know me well, know what happened yesterday.  I turned a year older.

I will be honest, the day started off kind-of crappy, but luckily, it got progressively better!

The not-so great moments of the day:

  • Grace cutting a molar and keeping us up most the night.
  • Accidentally sleeping in and being really late for speech therapy.
  • Ryan not getting to have lunch with us because of an emergency add-on patient
  • Jace accidentally locking us out of our house around 1:00pm while I was chasing Gracie down the street after she escaped when he went to get the mail.


The highlights of the day were:

  • The sweet phone calls I received from close friends and family members.
  • The messages left on my Face book page, or email.
  • The cards I received in the mail.
  • The BEAUTIFUL flowers that my dear friend Jen Ramsey sent me.  They arrived while I was locked out of my house.  So they got to sit on the front porch with me while I decided what to do.

The evening was spent alone with my sweetheart.  We had a wonderful time. We did a little shopping and then had pie and ice cream.  

When we got home Jace greeted me with presents he had made for me while we were gone.

I received the kitchen phone

and trinkets from my yellow desk.

He is such an amazing, thoughtful kid.  He did this all on his own.

Earlier that evening when Ryan and I were shopping,  I talked him into taking me to the Goodwill.  Since it was my birthday he reluctantly obliged me. What can I say--the Holy Ghost of shopping was speaking to me.

Because look at what I was able to snag for Christopher Robin!
Yes, it would be an

Optimus Prime mack truck with a trailer!!!!


And watching him open his birthday gift, was just what made my day entirely PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment