Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The mother of 6

Jace and Charlie discovering they have the same eye color and hair color!

Yesterday morning my phone rang.  It was my very pregnant friend, Maryanne.  She was in labor!  A little while later, I became the mother of 6.  We had a really fun time all together.  I became aware of senses I didn't know I had.  I have bionic hearing and x-ray vision it turns out, and it sure was handy.

Charlie, Jace and Eli.
I promised Alexander, Laurajane, Charlie, Eli, Jace and Grace that we would make homemade ice cream.  It turned out that that promise was great leverage!  For the most part, they were little angels.

They ate all their chicken nuggets,
and shared all the toys.
They happily watched a movie on Netflix,

and Grace finally let me put her down.

Jace and Eli share the same passion for cars.
The Dr. didn't walk through my door until 7:00pm last night.  He had no idea that we had a house full!  As he walked into the kitchen he saw me up to my elbows in ice cream, gummy bears, gummy worms, m&ms, bananas, and the works. Chaos. He chuckled as he greeted me with his usual squeeze and contagious smile. Then the FIRST thing he said to me was not, what can I do to help, but rather, "so how many kids did you want to have?"  

Oh, I think at least 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment