Thursday, August 2, 2012

Our VIPs


This is Ryan's little brother Jeff.  He is moving to New York this week to attend Cornell University for a PhD in Economics. 


He is married to Micquel and they just had darling baby Hal this March.


We enjoyed their visit so much.  It is one of the perks of living right off of I80 here in Iowa city.  We occasionally get some company.


Both Gracie and Jace loved baby Hal.  He is so adorable and such a sweet little person. Now they want a baby too, but I think borrowing a baby works just as well! 

Just look at those 3 adorable cousins!  The next time we see Hal he will probably be Gracie's age.  That is so hard to imagine.


This is what brothers do.  They hook up their laptops to the TV-or at least try- and then watch some comedy.

The next morning they were on their way again in their truck, which Christopher Robin loved.

We all left the house yesterday at the same time. We followed them for a short distance down Mormon Trek Blvd, then we turned off to go to swimming lessons and they headed to I 80 East.

We wish them well in New York.  We will miss them, but we also know they will have a great experience there.

9 comments:

  1. I am so glad that they were able to stop by on their way!!! I hope you guys gave them enough hugs and kisses to count for all of us who are missing them! Thanks for documenting that so that we all could share in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are all swigerts brilliant, gorgeous and talented? spread the wealth ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jen! We would definitely be in favor of spreading it, if only we could FIND it! ;) Thanks for being such a dear Swigert cheerleader ... love ya!

      Delete
  3. OK, this is priceless!! Bless you for posting these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you don't mind if I steal some of these pictures to post on my blog! We didn't get a single exterior still photo of the truck, if you can believe it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeffa - where do I find your blog?

      Delete
    2. Jeff you are more than welcome to steal these photos. I took about 10! If you want me to email them to you--or rather ryan to since I don't know how -send me your email.
      Did you guys make it to NY OK? It was so great to see you.

      Delete
  5. My brother-in-law got his PhD at Cornell. They all loved Ithaca, and I'm sure your brother-in-law and his family will too! It's a gorgeous little town!

    ReplyDelete