Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It came and went


Last Thursday my birthday came and went and it was a really happy day.  I enjoyed it very much.  The day began with a little surprise on the kitchen counter left from the Dr.  It was a cute chocolate cupcake with a pink candle, a card and a movie.

The morning was filled with a few phone calls from loved ones. (My Mom and Dad Swigert and a few of my many sisters.) It was so fun to talk to everyone! Thanks for calling me!

My sweeties singing me a very heartfelt "Happy Birthday"
The rest of the morning and into the early afternoon was filled with my darling Christopher Robin inventing games for me to play.  He built me towers to knock down and roads to drive vehicles on and drew me picture after picture.  I was really touched that he cared so much.  He really worked himself to death trying to make my birthday fun, and I really worked myself to death having fun!

The evening was filled with the Dr coming home and us enjoying dinner followed by cake and presents.

Jace and Grace were really excited about the present I received from the Dr.  They had no idea that I had actually ordered it and picked it up myself, so I just acted as surprised as could be when the box contained a much coveted pool light that I had been wanting to add to our pool outside. 

My birthday cupcake from the Dr.
And now I am trying to patiently wait for the Midwest to warm up again.  We have had freezing weather since August 4th so there has been no birthday swimming here.
One of the birthday towers Christopher Robin made for me to knock down

and the road he built for us to drive cars on!
And it is making us all a little crazy at our house!  70 degrees is NOT cutting it!  I have a new pool light to try out. 

2 comments:

  1. if you were in va, it would be in te 90's and you and i would be swimming in your pool.

    hate missing your bday. glad it was fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what I would give for 70-degree weather! It's all relative I guess ;) Glad you enjoyed your birthday Bronwynn! Happy belated, you beautiful mama!

    ReplyDelete