Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas Day




I love, love, love Christmas morning!!  -And so do my kids and so does Ryan.  It seriously is the best day of the year!  I really wish it came a few times a year. 

Before I go into Christmas Day, I am going to back up and write about Christmas Eve- as time passes I want to remember.

Monday, Christmas Eve we did do some baking and delivering of goods to a few neighbors and families we visit teach or home teach in our ward (church).  We rushed around all morning because Ryan and I had a surprise planned for the kids. At 2:00pm we were ready and off to Amana, Iowa about 30 minutes from our house. The part of the Amana colonies we went to is a little German style village that takes you back in time, and is so charming.  It also houses the Wasserbaun water park. It was our first time going there, and when we pulled up and told the kids where we were and what we were doing they were screeching with excitement!  We had it all to ourselves. The place was empty.  The water was a little cold for me, but the hot tub was the size of a small swimming pool, and I had a great time.  Ryan and the kids played in the vortex whirlpool and play pad, then came and warmed up with me. 

That evening we went to the Nelson's house (friends from church) for their traditional Mexican dinner.  There were several families from our ward there, and it was really fun to talk to everyone.

We were home around 9:00pm and the kids were asleep no later than 9:30 or 10:00pm.  Then my favorite part started-setting out the children's gifts with Ryan. It didn't take us very long this year, maybe an hour.  After we were done, I stayed downstairs to take pictures and fill the stockings while Ryan went to check on the kids.  

A few minutes later I heard Gracie crying and Ryan talking to her.  She had thrown up in bed, so Ryan had to wake her up and give her a bath!! Poor girl.  She had thrown up the entire week before.  But I have decided it really is not the full Christmas experience if someone isn't throwing up. Luckily, she seemed fine on Christmas day.


Here are the gifts set out from Santa

Jace's stash--is anyone surprised to see a bunch of trucks??



Gracie's stash--of course she is getting a doll!!


Here, the kids are lined up-youngest to oldest- ready to go downstairs to see what Santa brought them. 

The main thing Jace had requested was this Lego police station, which luckily Santa was able to pull off.


Gracie had specifically requested a baby doll that goes pee-pee.  The one she got doesn't go pee pee but does says 150 words and eats a pop-cycle.  She loves it.  And the wooden high chair --wonderful bonus!  I love Amazon! 


Santa maybe wasn't super smart when he got her a pink purse full of make-up--but she loved it!! (Jace's second choice for gifts was this white goose-neck semi truck!)


She spent a good hour using it all up...............


and looking at herself in the bathroom mirror.



I thought it was sweet how Jace took time to make a fuss over her doll.  It gets a red boo-boo on its knee that you have to kiss better, and he helped her make it better.

Playing dolls and
playing trucks

and building Legos and racing ramps with Dad.


I feel so fortunate that we have such sweet kids to enjoy on Christmas morning.

It makes Christmas all the more wonderful!

For breakfast Ryan always makes us German pancakes. Then the kids played with their toys and watched Cinderella while Ryan and I snuggled up, ate chocolate and nuts from our stockings and watched some of Lord of the Rings.

It was a wonderful day.  I felt so blessed. 

1 comment:

  1. B-4 - PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS!!! Love and miss you guys soooooooooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete