Monday, January 14, 2013

Big News

was supposed to be the title of this post because Christopher Robin has some big news that he wants to share with all of you.  But I guess it will have to wait until who knows when.  I have been having problems with blogger lately--it won't let me post pictures.  AHHHH!!! I am so annoyed.  It would be nice if I could get caught up.  I still have Halloween pictures to post, and New Years, the list goes on and on.

So................... I guess I will write a little family update.

Ryan is the Trauma chief  this month. That  means he is on call every day in January.  He will be a trauma chief 5 months total before he finishes his residency.  This is his second month.  His first month was October and it was really rough. Probably the hardest month we have had here in Iowa.  I was so, so sick with morning sickness, then on the 25th we found out we had lost little Truman.  But January, so far has been really doable.  In fact we have started a little ritual this month.  We have been going to the hospital cafeteria for dinner almost every night.  It has been so fun.  We eat, then the kids play on the escalator, the ambulance, see the grand piano that plays itself, stop in the gift shop, and tonight the faculty orchestra was rehearsing on the main floor.  We stayed to listen.  We have been invited to join, but we probably won't right now.

Jace has pink eye.  So does Ryan and so do I, which means Gracie will soon, but Jace has it the worst tonight.  I have been administering antibiotic drops into everyone's eyes. There is nothing more fun then waking up with your eyes stuck shut!  He is up late with me right now.  He and I always stay up late together every night.  Home-school is going well.  We are getting into a groove.  It takes us about 1-3 hours everyday to get through his curriculum, but we like it.  Gracie sometimes joins us or she watches a few episodes of Blues Clues while we work.

Miss Grace keeps us hopping. She goes to bed every night right at the same time-- 9:00.  She gets up early too - just like her dad.  Everyday she has a list of things she wants to do.  Today's list was: "I want to go to the tire swing park, (which she did at lunch time with her Dad--it was cold.  Jace and I sat in the car) and then a parade, then I want to go to the airport and get on a plane and fly to Utah to see Grammy Jill and Grammy Blake."  The poor girl has been told that the airport is closed because of the snow.  She asks at least 10-20 times a day to go to Utah.  I don't know what to tell her anymore.  She doesn't understand--we won't be going for a long while.


Me.  I am doing fine. I have just been sick all winter. As I type, I have a sore throat, cough, pink eye, and an ear that has fluid in it from an ear infection last week.  The Dr. said it might take several weeks for my ear to drain. I can't tell you how annoying and painful it is.  I am playing my violin in church on Sunday and I am going crazy with my hearing being so off.  But what can I do?  Take Ibuprofen and weather the storm I guess.  I think I have the winter blues a little this year too.  I am craving sunshine.  My body feels impatient to get back to the warmth of the desert and wide sunny skies.  Ryan is working hard to make this happen for me when we get out of residency. We are down to 17 more months.  There is finally a faint light beginning to appear at the end of a very long tunnel of school. 

And this is the end of our big news for now.

Good night!


1 comment:

  1. So sorry about all the pink eye and infections you guys are battling! I've loved reading about all you guys are up to. What a great idea to go visit Rye by eating together in the cafeteria! My kids will be so jealous to hear about the ambulance visits especially. Miss you all tunz!! Tell Gracie that Auntie Kate is so happy she loves Utah and that if I could, I'd fly to her every, too! Squashes to all!!

    ReplyDelete