Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sneak peak


I was reading cjane's blog this week, and she put into words how I feel about my blog. 

She said, "I can't stop thinking about how we are living our children's childhood.  How all these days, books, movies, walks we take in the evening, all add up to their primitive years.  How all these moments are memories. One day, my children will look at these photos and it won't just be a snapshot, it will be their life."

I have had a busy week,  but I keep thinking about what she said.  On Labor Day, we drove 60 miles to go to our nearest zoo. I will be honest, I didn't want to go. I wanted to stay home and clean out Robin and Rue's closet. It is time to get all their summer clothes sorted and stored and all the winter ones organized.--  What better time to do it, then when Dad is home. Right! But Ryan insisted that we "make lasting family memories." (He doesn't even read cjane's blog.)  But he was right on.  Our time at the zoo was so spectacular.  I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed watching my kids look at the animals, ride the train, feed the fish, etc.

On the way home, Ryan and I talked about our memories of going to Utah's Hogle Zoo when we were young.  We share similar memories.  We remembered the lion figurines we got that were made of wax, and the drinking fountain- that had us drinking out of the lion's mouth.  My sister Francesca and I also got to ride an elephant.  It had a prickly head.

So soon, I will get the gazillion pictures I want to share with you posted. But most importantly, this is my children's childhood, and one day, I want my children to look at the photos we took of this terrific day and remember it.  Is is their LIFE! 


Grace loved the butterfly chair --

but it was not Christopher Robin's favorite part.


No comments:

Post a Comment