Thursday, September 1, 2011

A September afternoon


Well, September is officially here.  My day started with the phone ringing at 8:00AM with a recorded message stating that the public schools would be letting out early today because of a heat advisory.  Can I just say, it was not that hot. I hope we have many more hot September afternoons to enjoy before the cold sets in.


 It was a beautiful day. It was slow and relaxing. As I watched Robin and Rue play, I thought about how I don't want my children's lives to speed up too quickly.  I just want to savor each moment.  Next fall they will both be a year older; and Jace will start school, and sports and music lessons. I welcome it, but I also thought about what I want to remember most about now. 

I looked over our garden. It is winding down for the summer.

This is the last of our cucumbers.  I think we got 6 total.

Robin and Rue were content with just having the hose run for awhile.

Jace was digging holes in his sandbox and filling them up with water.

Grace was learning about water--

and how to fill her cup with the hose.


In a few weeks we will rake out Christopher Robin's sandbox and cover it for the winter, and all to soon he will outgrow it and not care if we leave it covered all summer long.  Will I be ready for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment