Thursday, July 7, 2011

The blue truck


Two Christmases ago Santa left a HUGE package with a huge red bow under the Christmas Tree for Christopher Robin.  He tore off the wrapping and lo and behold, a  BLUE TRUCK!!  He drove that truck on his hundred acre wood, well .55 acre wood in Virginia until the day we left.

I have so many fond memories of him driving his truck all around our yard collecting sticks and leaves, or all my daffodils, in the truck bed with his blond curls bobbing in the wind.

But the sweetest thing I have seen was this evening, when Christopher Robin obliged Rue and took her for a spin.





What is it that makes a mother's heart swell with joy when she sees her children playing together and loving each other?  I couldn't keep my eyes off those two as they bounced along the paved walkway in our neighborhood and it wasn't because I thought she was going to go flying out of that thing.  It was because I was watching my son care for his little sister, and he was totally loving every shriek of glee she made as he careened around every turn and hit every bump,  just for her pure enjoyment!


Here is three year old Jace
being oh so quiet
and oh so busy
 plucking all of his mom's
 daffodils, and he didn't miss one!

No comments:

Post a Comment