Sunday, November 21, 2021

Going back in Time


We went camping with Ryan's brother Jason and his family the first Labor Day weekend after we finished school so Sept of 2014.  I have never liked camping.  I hate living with-out modern amenities. 


          But Ryan loves it, and of course so did the kids. 


Brother!!


Fire!

Church!

This is the  LDS Pine Valley chapel in Pine Valley Utah.  It is the oldest chapel in Utah.  Built by the early Saints. 

          Why hold one child on your back if you can hold two?!


Jason has 4 girls close in age!!!  Arms full!

Kjersti peeking out of the tent.  She didn't walk yet so she had to crawl around in the dirt.  Which is harmless.  But I wasn't thrilled because it was pokey and she cried a lot. 
 

Lots of cousin time.  So sweet to see them all bonding. 



We were there for 3 nights.  And, I have to be honest - they were hard for me.  I think when my youngest is 4 or older, it will be better.  But with diapers and potty trips to yucky toilets with a 3 year old girl, I was pretty over it by the time we broke camp.

What I did love (Yes,-there was something I liked!) was the coolness of the higher elevation and the yummy smell of the pine trees.  The wind blew through them in the evenings and mornings and it was lively and the scent divine. But I could have loved that scenery and smell from a cabin with a nice bathroom and kitchen!  I'm just sayin....I love modernization!!  I'm SO glad I wasn't a pioneer!  But I felt a lot of gratitude at our Sunday services for my ancestors that went before me and in very difficult times and circumstances settled southern Utah and established their religion away from the persecution they experienced in the eastern US. 

No comments:

Post a Comment