Friday, May 30, 2014

Lots


Kjersti enjoying the flowers on the temple grounds

There is lots going down here in Swigertland.  I don't think I am having a nervous breakdown quite yet--but I may before June 20th gets here.  We are moving in three --three weeks!!  Ryan's last day of work is Tuesday, June 17th.  He is graduating on Friday, June 20th at 7:00 PM.  His parents are flying here for the occasion.  They also get to help us move--again!!  They will caravan with us back to Salt Lake City and drive one of our cars west.

Ryan starts work in Bullhead City, Arizona on July 1st.  That is if he gets all his licences in time.  That is another big project we are working on.  In the meantime, we are wrapping things up here.  Ryan and I keep talking about what Saturday morning, June 21st is going to feel like when we wake up and realize we are done--DONE-- with school! It has been a long 12 year journey for us, and to be this close to the end--it doesn't seem real.

On May 7th we went with the Erickson's down to the Nauvoo Temple for our last trip.  I felt a bit emotional as I went through the session, and then took pictures outside.  I don't know when we will get the opportunity to come back.  We have made a lot of great memories in Nauvoo.  Our kids will really miss the pageant this year.



On our drive there, when we got to the Mississippi river, the bridge was up so a freight barge could pass under. It was really cool to watch. Jace loved it.


We got out and watched and took pictures.

This bronze statue sits directly across the street from the front of the temple.


Jace is reading the inscription to Ammon.  It is Joseph and Hyrum looking back on their way to Carthage Jail right before they were martyred. 


My beautiful girl enjoying the flowers!



We unintentionally timed the pictures right as the sun was setting on the Mississippi River in front of us. It was so bright!

We could barely keep our eyes open. I am so glad we took the time to go one last time.  It was a wonderful day. 



The next thing we celebrated in May was Gracie's 4th birthday. Jace stayed up late with me the night before her birthday and helped me decorate. We are both night owls so we have fun staying up late together.
The dining room looked like this when we went to bed.

And here is my 4 year old darling.  I call her my Missy Moo!


I had so much fun shopping for her birthday! It was like re-living my childhood all over again. 
What do you think is in this big box?


Nothing but a Hello Kitty bike!!
She also got bubbles 

and this jewelry  music box

that sings and the kitty turns round and round!


And I bought a big package of play dough.  I don't know why I do this to myself.  They love it--but it is a MESS!


It kept them happy all day.  It was raining so Gracie couldn't ride her bike-but they made playdough things all day long. Ryan and I cleaned and packed. 



Christopher Robin makes a horse.



Kjersti loved all the wrapping paper and ribbon!




Gracie also received a package from her Grandparents!


What do you think was in it?......




Some darling clothes!




She also got a packet of Princess Make-up

and she is a natural at painting her face!


When I look at by darling, sweet children and see my accomplished husband hard at work, I feel like a blessed woman.  Life is good here in Iowa--despite the chaos!


1 comment:

  1. These pics are absolutely delicious!! Oh - counting the days!!! Loves, hugs, and squashes!!!

    ReplyDelete