Saturday, May 10, 2014

Lasts


We are having a lot of "lasts" here in Iowa.  For example, we just recently ran out of ketchup and I had to replace it.  I found myself on the grocery store isle looking at all the bottles and different sizes. I bought a small one because it is the last bottle I will be buying in Iowa, and I don't want to throw half of it away in a few weeks.

These "lasts" I find to be both thrilling and terrifying all at the same time.  I am thrilled-thrilled - to be done with residency in a few weeks, but moving and buying a business--I find terrifying!  When the Dr and I talk about our future--we ask ourselves--what is the worst that can happen?  Our answer--hate where we are moving and/or go bankrupt. But that's not too bad--right?!


We had our last Iowa Easter.  It was just as great as the other Easters we have celebrated here.

Well, maybe it was a little "greater" because we have a new little munchkin that thought the plastic eggs were fabulous.


Gracie sorted them all for us and helped me match them together.

I love watching my kids dye eggs.  It is very entertaining.


Jace is very serious about it, and Gracie is very messy --but very artistic about it.

Ryan insisted that Jace take a second to look at the camera and SMILE!!

Saturday morning--before we started our egg hunt.  I have cute kids!  Boy do I love them.

The kids got a few goodies and toys left on the table from the Easter Bunny.

Jace was pretty thrilled with his helicopter


and mini vehicles.

Gracie was ECSTATIC about everything!! She is really fun on holidays because everything is so WONDERFUL!! Blurry pictures--she couldn't hold still!



Jace could reach the high $1 egg this ear!

He shared his $1 with Kjersti

She thought it was fantastic --she even went cross-eyed looking at it!


Here you see the tired Dr.  He hid 339 eggs this year!  200 outside and 129 inside.  And it was just about the right amount!

Here's my sweetheart!


The Erickson's' came over again this year!!  We love them!  Good thing they are from Utah so we can see them in SLC.




Each child gets a large egg with their name on it.  It is filled with  little toys!

Here is Jace finding his

and Gracie digging up hers. 

It was filled with jewelry made with real diamonds of course.

Only the best for Lucy and Gracie!!

I hope you all had a Happy Easter.  Our next one will be in St George at my parents home.  Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. This post makes me cry. I can't tell you how much we are going to miss you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE ARE ALMOST ONE MONTH AWAY FROM GRADUATION!!!!! That means I will be there soon to hug and squash all of you cuties!!

    ReplyDelete