Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Utah / Arizona / Nevada Trip - Part 1

It has only taken me a month now to get some of our Utah trip pictures posted. Time is flying by and I can't keep up.  Above you see part of the Swigert clan in Arizona.  Ryan's brother Jason lives in Phoenix so they met us at the half way point between Phoenix and Las Vegas in Kingman Arizona. 
We had a really fun evening together.  We played bocce ball and roasted hotdogs for dinner. 
 
 

 Me trying my hand at throwing a bocce ball.
 
 
Grammy Jill is a favorite!!  She has such beautiful hair and tells such wonderful stories.


 
The girl cousins together under a bush.   I have no idea what they were doing in there.  It was just a fun place to hang out I think.
On the way to meet Jason and his family Gracie kept telling Jace she was NOT sharing her cousins with him! 
 
On Sunday we made it to St George to spend the rest of the week with my parents.  As usual it was very relaxing and fun to see everyone. 
 
Here Gracie and my Mom are getting the ditches ready for the irrigation water. They are kindred spirits.  Gracie followed my Mom around all week helping her do her chores.
 I'm sure she was a big help.
Monday was water day. Here is Gracie with her hands in the ditch water. 
 
 It was a cold morning so playing in the water was a little bitter.
 

But it is Christopher Robin's favorite thing about my parents house.  He loves it and stayed outside in the water the whole five hours it ran through the yard.
 
 
Gracie was so excited to wear her swimsuit-- so she did!!  Cold and all. 
 
 By Wednesday the cold front had moved through and it was 70 degrees.  Ryan and I decided to take the kids to Snow's Canyon to see the sand dunes for the first time. 
 
It was fabulous!! The desert was gorgeous and the sand was perfectly warm and felt delicious on our feet! 
 
 It was such great fun to sit on the sand and sink our feet in a few inches.  The sand got cooler the deeper we dug our feet. Gracie had to literally bury her face in it!!
 
Here I am in all my glory! 
 
 
 
Jen R.--I think you could grow to love living in the desert.... 
 
 
 
 
Gracie sliding down the hill
 
 and Jace rolling after her.
 
 
Ryan took all the photos on our trip, but I did snap this one of the back of his head.  He's pretty good with a kite don't you think?
 
 
The next day on our trip brought us to a 3.5 mile hike up a riverbed to find some hidden ponds.
 
Pictures of that adventure will be coming next... 
 
I hope your May is going well.
 
Gracie turns 3 today.  I can't believe it.  I will post pictures of our celebration.
 

2 comments:

  1. Grow to love sand and scorpions and rattle snakes? Don't hold your breath. I love you but I need grass and trees and water.

    ReplyDelete