Friday, January 4, 2019

Christmas 2107


The kids and I were looking at this blog a few days ago.  They didn't realize it existed. Their favorite posts were looking at Christmas' past to see what Santa brought them.   They were quite disappointed that I didn't have 2017 posted.  So here it is for them.  I have no pictures of them actually enjoying any of it--as I think Ryan took all of those photos--but at least they can look at these pictures and go on a walk down memory lane.



So here's to looking at nothing but stuff.   This is obviously what Jace got.  Some cool things like Star Wars Legos, Nerf Rival gun and a controversial item like an XBOX  (which has hardly been used--so not a big deal)



This is Gracie's stash.  I think almost 100% of her stuff was from The American Girl Doll company.   


  This is the very much wanted hotel.  Super cute and very high quality but also as the Dr says-- "way over priced".   (Why didn't we think to invent all this?)

This is what Santa brought me. Except for one major item you will see at the bottom of this post. In the little blue box in a new wedding band from the Dr.!! (Not ring but band to go with my ring)


This is what the Dr got.  When first glancing at it -it is nothing to write home about--but if you venture a little further -into his stocking you would probably see a little package from me labelled  "For the Dr.'s Eyes Only"  --perhaps a little something special for me to wear and him to unwrap--if ya know what I mean?! It was definitely his favorite gift --put he left it in his stocking and later that day Kjersti wanted to know why Daddy got a "lacy swimming suit for a girl" in his stocking!!  Glad she was barely 4 years old!!




In the middle here is Kjersti's stuff.  I don't have a close up--but I can say that she got Barbie on the Go and Baby Bjorn that eats and poops and pees and the bath tub too.  It was a BIG DEAL to get a pooping and peeing doll that year!!


Last but not least--was this gold plated porcelain statue that the Dr put on our dining room table for me.  We had been in San Francisco 2 weeks prior because Ryan had a conference. One evening we were walking along Fishermans wharf when we ventured into the Hermitage Gallery.  I fell in love with these Capodimonte's from Italy.  Ryan surprised me with this one!!!  My favorite one! It was mostly a 15th wedding anniversary present--but it arrived right before Christmas!!  In person it is absolutely breathtaking.   It reminds me of us-- because on our wedding video the background music is "One Day My Prince will Come" --and he did come (not until late in my twenties after a soul wrenching first marriage).  This beautiful statue is a reminder to me of my beautiful life married to my true love and soulmate.   He is an absolute gift from God.  I truly believe that.  Why me? Why did I get a soulmate?  Not a lot of people find their soulmates in this life.  I am a blessed woman. 


This is the other one that I loved.  In real life it was a little over  28 inches long.   But I didn't like the color scheme as well.  (The price was really hefty too!  I secretly think the Dr was relived that I was ecstatic over the other one!) The one I have looks so beautiful in our dining room on the side board.  


See--you enjoyed looking at nothing but stuff !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment