Friday, September 20, 2013

No title

 
 This post has no title.  It is just an update on the state of the Swigerts in Iowa.  Last time I posted I think I mentioned that we had been in Boone, Iowa riding a train in the river valley.  Here are a few of the pictures we took.
 
The train was old, but the seats were really comfy. I love this picture of Christopher Robin that the Dr captured. One can just wonder what was on his mind.  

 
This is the bridge that we went over on our ride.  I can't remember how high it was now.  What I do remember is that the open windows were really low and I was hanging onto Gracie so she didn't go falling out of there.  
 Jace looking down to the bottom.  Ryan had some pretzels and he tossed one out so Jace could watch it fall all the way to the river below.
 
 
 
 
Gracie LOVED the ride!!  She loves life!  It was a 7.1 mile journey, which took about 50 minutes then we turned--well reversed- and went back to the depot.   
Yep, still loving it! 
 
Here is another picture of the river valley.  It was quite a scenic ride. They saw two turtles swimming down the river.  I didn't see them.
 
My men!  Ryan was just so happy not being at the hospital--he is so tired these days.
 
 It was cool, and the sound of the wheels on the tracks put Christopher Robin right to sleep. The Dr wanted to sleep too, but every time he would doze off Gracie would shake him and say--Oh you who! 


When we got back to the depot, the kids got a special treat.  They were invited to go into the caboose. 
 
 They were the only ones that I saw that got to go inside. 
 
 
But they loved it, and I was glad we got to go.
 
 
Here is my work crew.
 
Discovering the attic!!
 
 
The Dr had to replace the fan in our bathroom. The motor burned out more then a year ago. It included several trips up to the attic.
 
The kids insisted they get to go up too.  I love this look on Jace's face as he was seeing this magical place for the first time!
 
Gracie thought it was fantastic too!  The good news is we now have a fan in our bathroom  that works!!  Y'all should come use it!
 
 
Here is Christopher Robin sporting a new look.  His third tooth is out.  FINALLY. It was loose for weeks.  I was proud of the Dr for being patient and not forcing Jace to let him pull it. He did offer him $2.00 --but Jace was determined to just let it fall out.   And I survived the escapade.
As I have mentioned before--I have a phobia about lose teeth.  It is right up there with needles.  I try to hide it from Jace --how freaked I am by it.  But I have made it very clear to the Dr that if he ever talks Jace into letting him pull a tooth--I am to be nowhere in the vicinity. I am getting into our car and driving far away. I already know when Gracie's teeth are loose, she will just yank those puppies out herself and I am going to be standing there dying. 
 
And here I am.  Pregnant!  Very, very pregnant!  I have 6 weeks left. Which doesn't sound like a lot- but it feels like eternity.  I think if I could have been pregnant at age25 it would have been a cake walk for me. 
 
 
 
At 40 I am hanging in there. It's hard. My system feels very taxed. I  am planning that this is my last pregnancy, so I have wanted to really enjoy it, but now I am just surviving it!!
 
I feel really blessed that I have the opportunity to bring another person into this world.  I am getting excited to know if Jace is getting his long prayed for brother, or if Gracie is getting a sister.  I really can't tell from the pregnancy. It could go either way.  With Jace and Truman--my two male pregnancies--my morning sickness was excruciating. Gracie was the easiest and this one has been right in the middle. Some days I think it is a girl, and other days I think it is a boy.  Jace is still holding out for twins.  He thinks there are two in there and one is just hiding behind the other. If there were two in there, I would be dead by now! That's how we would all know.
 
So we are just carrying on here. Counting down the days, hours, and minutes!

2 comments:

  1. Counting the days, sweeties! You all look wonderful and squashable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you look so beautiful & completely radiant, Bronwynn!! So very happy for you! I will pray for a smooth final stretch of your pregnancy & smooth delivery. :) Do you guys know where you are headed after this?? I hope it is St. George! We could definitely swing by and see you sometime as I have family in Cedar City. That's what my vote's for! (Since Tucson is probably out of the question.) ;-) Good luck! -Can't wait to hear the news of the baby's gender. :)

    ReplyDelete