Thursday, September 13, 2012

Blood and tears

 
We are still alive here in Iowa.  Ryan has taken over running the household for me because I am really out of commission right now. A few days ago, he took the kids for an evening walk.  I stayed home in bed.  Thirty minutes later I knew they were almost home because I could hear both kids crying from the street. 
 

Christopher Robin came in sporting this nasty scrape.  He tripped running down the hill while he was chasing his monster truck.  His hip and knees were scraped too.  He really wanted his Grammy Jill to know that he was hurt "really bad!"

 
Gracie had fallen while running too, but she always does, so she recovered from her trauma much faster then Jace.
 
 She took this self portrait of herself while Jace was being bathed and bandaged up.
 
 
Then their Dad read them books and put them to bed.
 
And this is what the Dr. does when he is home.

4 comments:

  1. poor jace. glad he's doing okay. :) thank goodness for kind daddys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang if that daddy isn't good at fixing things and making them better! He has done that for me lots of times too, Jace, and still does. The world needs more daddys like that. Bronwynn, love you sweetheart. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too many bumps and bruises along life's journey, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I do to help!? Please feel free to call if you need me to take the kids for a play date!

    ReplyDelete